adult fashion collection to celebrate Pride 2022. The gender-fluid collection encompasses five colorful trend stories, reflective of each Teletubby character and a hero sticker print. The deal with ellesse was brokered by WildBrain’s dedicated licensing agency,WildBrain CPLG
The collection was designed by GoGuy’s founder and director, Sophie Guy.
The five trend stories featured in the collaboration are:
- A Tinky Winky purple range inspired by ellesse’s tennis heritage, with pleated skirt and crop-top combination
- A Dipsy range that nods to the Teletubbies’ roots and Dipsy’s favorite hat, with a bold green and monochrome graphic cow print on cargo pants, bucket hat and cropped vest
- Laa-Laa’s sunshine yellow is encapsulated in a ‘Big Love’ dress, a celebration of all love and unity
- Po’s red range is in recognition of GoGuy’s festival roots, with crop top and coordinating tracksuit featuring the signature ellesse jet strip detail
- Last is a bold and vibrant print, which includes all elements of the collaboration – a mashup of 'Teletubbies’' imagery as well as GoGuy and ellesse logos emblazoned across a shirt, shorts, head scarf and fan.
The collaboration is part of WildBrain’s yearlong celebrations to mark the 25th anniversary of the 'Teletubbies,' with activities encompassing fashion, art and music, all reflecting the brand DNA of unexpected joy, childhood development and diversity, while engaging fans both young and young-at-heart.
“The 'Teletubbies' are recognized around the world as icons of inclusivity, togetherness and acceptance, so we’re hugely excited
“The idea of a collaboration between ellesse and 'Teletubbies' actually began as an April Fools’ prank a few years ago, but we ended up having such a high demand from ellesse customers, so we decided to make it happen,” says Jennie Bianco, head of marketing, ellesse U.K. “We have also been keen to team up with GoGuy for a while, and to all work together on something to celebrate Pride 2022 has been so exciting. As they are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year, the 'Teletubbies' are working their way back into our hearts and now our wardrobes!”
“Pride is something I have always been passionate about, as I am a proud member of the LGBTQIA+ community,” says Sophie Guy, GoGuy. “The collection is gender fluid and has been designed with everyone in mind. I believe if you love it, you should wear it no matter what the gender! Teaming up with my favorite major sportswear brand and my childhood icons has not disappointed, and I’m sure you will feel the same after seeing the collection. Do dreams come true? YES, THEY DO!”
The collection is now available to purchase atGoguyclothing.com
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.