Reebok, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Consumer Products has unveiled a full-family footwear and apparel collection inspired by the “Ghostbusters” franchise.
Pieces of footwear in this second capsule draw inspiration from the original films while other pieces are modeled off characters and themes featured in “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” film premiering exclusively in movie theaters on Nov. 19.
In “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind. This modern-day-story combined with the nostalgia of the franchise makes it a perfect pairing with Reebok given the brand has a penchant for putting a modern twist on classic footwear designs.
Details of the footwear featured in the collection include:
- Ecto Boot: The Ecto Boot is a modern take on “Ghostbusters” and Reebok’s OG Pump shoe from the ’80s. The shoe features a utilitarian theme and incorporates supportive, functional elements including the abrasion resistant medial side toe and TPU heel cap, neoprene heel collar and speed lacing system and is availble in unisex sizing.
- Zig Kinetica: All details on this shoe are designed to emulate the new ghost – Muncher – who appears in the upcoming film. The silhouette is semi-translucent and glows in the dark from the vamp and collar to the transparent mono mesh upper. Throughout the shoe are nods to Muncher’s ravenous metallic appetite including the tongue with a bite taken out of it, the sockliner featuring various metal snacks and the silver hits throughout the shoe. The shoe is available in adult, kids, preschool and toddler sizing.
- Instapump Fury: Based on the psycho-reactive slime from “Ghostbusters II,” this Instapump Fury features a semi-translucent gel print across the upper to create the look of slime and the text “PROOF OF A GHOSTLY ENCOUNTER” on the heel clip. Available in adult and toddler sizing.
- Answer IV: This Answer IV marks the first time the Terror Dogs make their way onto footwear. Hidden details and upper materials – including nubuck and cracked leather – are all inspired by the characters from the franchise. The shoe also features glow-in-the-dark outsole, slobber details and red eyelets, the latter of which represents the frightening dogs glowing red eyes. Available in adult sizing only.
- Zig Kinetica Kids: The Mini-Pufts, a group of little terrors, make an appearance on this kids’ silhouette that features the white, red and black color scheme with a pack of Mini-Pufts fighting one another. As if the Mini-Pufts are melting, the upper features a white drip that bleeds onto the caution stripe midsole. Available in kids, preschool and toddler sizing.
Select pieces of the footwear line – including the Ecto Boot and Answer IV – come in specialized packaging paying homage to characters and details from Ghostbusters films, new and old, as well as Reebok’s historic footwear models. The collection also includes two sweatshirts to complement the Answer IV and the Zig Kinetica.
The Reebok x “Ghostbusters” collection will be available on www.reebok.com/ghostbusters.