The Point.1888 has appointed five new employees. The team expansion will involve new roles in the commercial, product development, marketing and legal divisions.
The newest members of The Point.1888 are:
- Katie Wilkinson, joining as senior commercial manager for publishing. With 20 years of experience in the publishing industry, she most recently worked in DJ Murphy’s children’s division, and last year secured the license to launch Blippi magazine;
- Amy Wickham-Hurd has been appointed as creative commercial manager, reporting to senior commercial manager for home, Janine Richmond. She joins from eOne where she managed product development for “Peppa Pig,” “PJ Masks,” “Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom” and “Ricky Zoom,” and prior to this she worked as a buyer for Mothercare, Boots and Monsoon Accessorize;
- Sadie Wright joins as product development executive from Santoro Licensing, reporting to product development manager Carrie Sharland;
- Ellen Fazakerley has taken the newly created role of marketing executive, working under marketing head Sarah Crimes and for the agency’s Story.1888 division. She joins with brand agency experience of video production and content creation, as well as market research and focus group management; and
- Kate Buitendach as contracts manager, joining The Point.1888’s legal team from Disney.
“We’re so excited to be growing our business, creating five new roles to meet the demand from clients and have these incredible, talented legends each bring something new to our team,” says Will Stewart, managing director, The Point.1888. “This is a huge step forward for our business and will allow us to fulfil the many exciting plans we have for 2021.”
Established in 2014, The Point.1888 delivers retail focused brand extension programs by creating new products based on the gaps it sees at retail, rather than what it thinks the brand’s target demographic might like. Each new appointment will be crucial for the company’s continued growth.