PBS Kids series extends licensing program with expanded product lines and new licensing partner.
The Kratt Brothers Company, creators and developers of the TV series “Wild Kratts,” has expanded its licensing program through new offerings and a new licensing partner.
Joining the Kratt Brothers’ current roster of licensees is apparel manufacturer Isaac Morris Limited, which will debut a selection of printed t-shirts, hoodies and bottoms this spring at Kmart and Fred Meyer.
“We’re thrilled with the success of our initial lineup at retail and are looking forward to expanding into so many different categories this year with a terrific selection of new products that provides ‘Wild Kratts’ fans everywhere with so many more ways to play with, learn from and be a part of the brand,” says Chris Kratt, co-founder, The Kratt Brothers Company, and creator, producer and co-star, “Wild Kratts.” “We’re very happy to welcome Isaac Morris to the ‘Wild Kratts’ team, as we continue to work with each of our licensing partners to create offerings that answer the call of kids’ natural fascination with animals, so they can act out their own imaginative adventures whenever and wherever they go.”
Current “Wild Kratts” licensees expanding product lines include:
- Wicked Cool Toys–The master toy licensee will broaden its selection of toys to include new action figure sets and role play items.
- Pressman Toys–The toy company will release two new “Wild Kratts” games this year, as well as a 100-piece puzzle.
- Random House Children’s Books–The publisher will expand its initial roster of “Wild Kratts” books with 12 new titles in a variety of formats, including a new “Wild Kratts” Little Golden Book, Wild in Africa!, as well as a selection of 8x8 books with stickers.
- PBS Distribution–“Wild Animal Babies” and “Wild Reptiles” will be released this year, bringing the total number of titles from PBS Distribution to 13. Both will be available exclusively via a major national retailer next month.
- PBS Kids–The brand’s newest app, “Wild Kratts Baby Buddies,” will focus on animal care and is targeted to kids, ages 3-8.
- InCharacter–The costume company will add to its current offerings with a Florida Panther costume in green (for Chris) and blue (for Martin).
Additionally, the stage show, “Wild Kratts Live!” is slated to appear in 45 different markets this year.