The Wizard of Oz
that encompasses theatrical, home entertainment and consumer products.
The consumer products division has lined up more than 80 top-tier licensees for the milestone. Master toy partner Jazwares leads the way, followed by new licensees including Dylan’s Candy Bar, philosophy, PaperStyle, Julep, The Noble Collection and NECA. Other prominent partners supporting the film’s anniversary include Mattel, Madame Tussauds, Rubie’s Costume Company, Steiff and many more. Commemorative anniversary products will be available across a wide range of categories including apparel, jewelry, fine art, collectibles, stationery and paper goods, toys and games and personal care.
McDonald’s will launch a Happy Meal promotion at 14,000 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada on Sept. 20. The program features six figures of characters from the film, each of which comes with a Yellow Brick Road
Warner Bros., along with IMAX and the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, will host the world premiere of the film’s first-ever IMAX 3D release Sept. 15 at the grand opening of the new TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX. When it was known as Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the facility was the site of the film’s original Hollywood premiere in 1939.
Following the theatrical release, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will debut a limited edition, numbered
The Wizard of Oz
75th anniversary collector’s edition box set Oct. 1 that will feature a five-disc set, documentaries, memorabilia and collectibles.
Other marketing partners participating in the U.S. campaign include:
- Amtrak will display in-station and on-train signage from November through December, along with an adventure sweepstakes;
- Contestants on Food Network’s “Cupcake Wars” will create The Wizard of Oz- confections on the Sept. 28 show;
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Ad Council are partnering for a variety of TV, outdoor, radio and digital Public Service Announcements featuring iconic elements from the film and focusing on child passenger safety;
- One Kings Lane will release a range of cinema memorabilia online Sept. 20;
- QVC will host a special programming event Sept. 26 featuring commemorative collections of jewelry, toys, collectibles, books, DVD and beauty products; and
- The Wizard of Oz will participate in the 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with a giant hot-air balloon and balloonheads of film characters.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.