Anchoring the “80 Years of Tweety” celebration, murals designed by artists will celebrate Tweety’s cheerful enthusiasm, cutes and smarts, as well as his endearing personality. Free for everyone to enjoy, the murals will appear in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, United Arab Emirates and more. In theU.S., Tweety murals will be seen in more than 30 cities. To track where to find Tweety murals, as well as all things Tweety, there is an anniversary website
“For eighty years, Tweety has marched to the beat of his own drum, inherently representing what it means to be unapologetically yourself,” says Pam Lifford, president, WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences. “His endearing personality has made him a pop culture favorite and he’s known for making appearances in the most unexpected ways. As a key member of the Looney Tunes franchise, we definitely wanted to celebrate Tweety’s 80th in a big way and are excited for the year-long celebration ahead. Keep your eyes out for him to pop up anywhere, from fashion to collectibles and more.”
To complete the murals, WMGBE collaborated with 16 artists, each with a different take on the tiny hero. Tweety’s signature yellow color runs through the designs, but the artists’ different styles will make each one unique. Artists have been selected through the lens of diversity across different countries, artistic mediums and expressions, ethnicities, genders and sexualities.
In addition to the murals, Tweety’s 80th anniversary celebration features, products, content, experiences and much more:
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) will announce new offerings and partnerships across all categories (fashion, collectibles, beauty and more) throughout the year. Available now only on WBCP’s Looney Tunes Shop is the new Tweety’s 80th Mural Collection. The vibrant collection is set to feature a number of the 80, Tweety-inspired mural designs on a unique selection of merchandise and apparel. The collection encourages fans to honor the unique art designed by the diverse group of global artists, while celebrating the world’s most beloved canary. The ultimate fan destination to celebrate Tweety, the Looney Tunes Shop will unveil product drops throughout the year, including merchandise with Tweety mural designs yet to be revealed, leading up to Tweety’s birthday on Nov. 21.
- Loungefly has joined the celebration with two Tweety-inspired products, including a Tweety 80th Anniversary Plush Backpack. The front features Tweety’s unmistakable adorable shape, featuring wings on the front zipped compartment that move back and forth, and the Tweety and Sylvester 80th Anniversary Zip Around Wallet, available now.
- Ugly Dukling Beauty and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have launched a limited-edition, box collection of luxury 3D magnetic eyelashes. The collection features four styles named “Tweety Pie,” “Tweety Bird,” “Looney Luxury Lashes” and “I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat!,” presented in Tweety-themed keepsake packaging.
- Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment will be joining in on the festivities for Tweety’s birthday at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros. Movie World in Australia, and Parque Warner Madrid.
- HBO Max: Tweety continues to star in “Looney Tunes Cartoons” animated series from Warner Bros. Animation now streaming on HBO Max. New episodes will debut from the Max Original series throughout the year in celebration of Tweety.
- Cartoonito: This summer, Tweety will star alongside fellow Looney Tunes characters in “Bugs Bunny Builders,” a new preschool animated series coming to Cartoonito on HBO Max and Cartoon Network.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.