WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences has announced a collection of ’90s-inspired merchandise, an upcoming NFT drop, all-new digital comic from DC and more to commemorate the 25th anniversary of “Space Jam.”
The film’s silver anniversary follows the global release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ animated/live action film “Space Jam: A New Legacy '' earlier this year, which debuted at the top of the box office and scored the biggest opening for a family film earlier this year. ‘
“‘Space Jam’ was the iconic film moment of 1996, and its cultural impact is undeniable,” says Josh Hackbarth, vice president of franchise development, WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences. “Today, it continues to spark nostalgia and excitement for millennials who were kids when it debuted, and that fervor has been passed to a new generation with the release of ‘Space Jam: A New Legacy.’ We are pleased to celebrate the movie’s many groundbreaking achievements in ticket sales, merchandising, music, theme and design. Its legacy continues to live on with kids and families still enjoying everything that is ‘Space Jam.’”
The “Space Jam” 25th anniversary offerings include:
- NTWRK has launched a “Space Jam” ’96 fashion collection that includes brand-new “Space Jam” rugs by Rugtomize, along with an exclusive “Space Jam” print designed by artist Aaron Kai
- Warner Bros.’ Looney Tunes Shop is offering fans a variety of all-new “Space Jam” inspired apparel by unveiling the fourth drop in its popular ACME Intern collection, featuring original designs inspired by the film. Among the must-have items, fans can purchase a T-shirt with artwork of the original “Space Jam” website’s homepage
- House of Highlights, part of the Bleacher Report brand portfolio, has unveiled a collaboration with DOC (Dustin O. Canalin) in honor of the “Space Jam” 25th Anniversary. House of Highlights’ brand new “Space Jam” collection showcases the Looney Tunes reimagining some of the most iconic moments in basketball history
- DJ Steve Aoki's fashion and music label, Dim Mak, recently launched "Dim Mak x Space Jam 96," a limited-edition streetwear capsule featuring ’90s inspired T-shirts and hoodies in bright tie dyes and featuring the Looney Tunes squad.
- Comic book fans can also download a free “Space Jam” 25th anniversary comic book from DC, as highlighted by Warner Bros.’ Looney Tunes Shop, on the Stellar Souvenirs page of the original “Space Jam” website (SpaceJam.com/1996). In this new story, the Looney Tunes have settled into their stardom following the events of the original film. That is, until Marvin the Martian decides to take a trip home where he discovers a new plot by mastermind Swackhammer to unleash the Nerdlucks and Monstars upon Earth once again.
- Nifty’s “Starting 5” Challenge will let fans own a special piece of “Space Jam” history. Nifty’s is encouraging fans to collect as many Tune Squad or Goon Squad NFT’s from “Space Jam: A New Legacy” as they can before Jan. 13. Collectors who hold five or more NFT’s on Jan. 14 will be eligible to receive a limited-edition Monstar NFT. Each of the Monstars will have their own unique NFT, totaling five designs. For every five Tune Squad or Goon Squad NFT’s a user holds (each NFT must feature an individual player on either team), they will be eligible for a Monstar NFT
- Space Jam (Music from and Inspired by the Motion Picture), released by Rhino Entertainment. Available as a double-LP on 180-gram, red and black vinyl.