McDonald’s, Go Pro and General Mills are on board to support The Secret Life of Pets.
Universal Pictures and Illumination have tapped global brands to launch a cross-promotional campaign in support of the new film, The Secret Life of Pets.
The cross-category program will include promotions with brands including:
- McDonald’s for two custom animated TV spots, as well as a Happy Meal campaign with plush premiums and in-restaurant décor;
- Chrysler for a multi-platform campaign featuring Seth Meyers, his dog Frisbee and additional celebrities including Nick Cannon;
- General Mills for themed cereal boxes, TV and digital advertising and in-pack premiums;
- Mott’s for themed applesauce and juice packages;
- PetSmart for a store-takeover campaign featuring the film’s characters in more than 1,400 stores, online and on other digital and terrestrial platforms;
- GoPro for an immersive, two-minute custom animated short co-created with Illumination to be distributed on GoPro’s social media channels, social influencers and local on-air TV talent;
- Realtor.com for a TV advertising campaign;
- Bazooka Candy Brands for themed packaging and POS displays at mass, grocery, drug and convenience stores across Europe, the Middle East, Korea, Japan and Latin America;
- Petcube for a promotion across TV, radio, paid retail advertising, print, digital, co-branded packaging, in-store exposure and social media in Europe and Asia;
- Healthy Paws Pet Insurance for a media campaign featuring a series of quizzes and facts;
- Sky for custom animated TV advertisements that will air in theaters, radio, digital platforms, press and on out-of-home media across the U.K.; and
- Comcast for a custom animated TV spot.
“Our filmmaking partners at Illumination have continued to raise the bar in creativity with cutting edge animation, relatable storylines and iconic characters with The Secret Life of Pets,” says David O’Conner, executive vice president, worldwide promotions and brand marketing, Universal Pictures. “Securing these world class partners and developing strategic, innovative activations that engage consumers in a modern, creative way is a true testament to the appeal and relevance of our new film.”
The Secret Life of Pets debuted in theaters July 8 in the U.S.