Disney Cruise Line has announced plans for new, daylong Star Wars celebrations aboard eight of its Disney Fantasy sailings in 2016.
The events will mark the first official appearance of the Lucasfilm brand aboard Disney cruises.
The Star Wars Day at Sea, which will take place on one day on every Disney Fantasy sailing, will transport guests to a galaxy far, far away … in the Western Caribbean. The day will include celebrations such as a deck party, character meet-and-greets, activities for kids, themed food and beverages and special merchandise. The day will also include at-sea screenings of the Star Wars films and the Disney XD animated series "Star Wars Rebels."
Highlights will include:
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and others will be onboard for scheduled meet-and-greets and roaming on deck. Guests are encouraged to dress up in their own costumes.
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience will invite young Padawans to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Star Wars trivia games covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities as part of the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- The ship's night club will be re-styled to look like the Mos Eisley cantina, first introduced in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The club will also offer Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails.
- Celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
- A Star Wars deck party featuring music, dancing and games followed by fireworks.