The product lines feature new artwork targeted to the adult retro market and will launch at retail in the U.K. and Ireland this spring.
Among the licensees exhibiting at Spring Fair with Classic Thunderbirds anniversary products are:
- Bunkerbound has a collection of accessories including alarm clocks, travel gift sets, cufflinks, wallets, gadget cases, baggage and car gift sets.
- Paladone is featuring a quirky gifting range of stationery items, desktop accessories, mugs, dual-purpose key rings, magnets, build-your-own vehicles and an eyeglass repair kit.
- Danilo is showcasing a variety of diaries, calendars, greeting cards, gift wrap, boxes and bags.
- Demand Media is highlighting its new line of wooden and card jigsaw puzzles.
- Plastic Head Distribution is presenting two ranges based on Classic Thunderbirds as well as the Gerry Anderson brand. Both lines will appeal to the nostalgia indie market and feature items such as t-shirts, hoodies, vests, sweaters and accessories, including hats, bags, phone cases and homewares.
- GB Eye is launching a line of Classic Thunderbirds posters.
- Tactic Games is celebrating the anniversary with a limited edition Classic Thunderbirds trivia game featuring 400 question cards about the series.
“We have worked closely with our partners to commemorate the incredible 50-year history of this iconic brand through rich new gifting products that will appeal to loyal fans of the brand," says Trudi Hayward, senior vice president, head of global merchandising, ITVS GE. "Consumer demand and feedback that we are receiving for Thunderbirds is overwhelming, and with so much more planned for this milestone anniversary, including the launch of the new 'Thunderbirds Are Go' television series this spring, we are in no doubt that 2015, is in fact, the year of Thunderbirds.”
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.