“These are exciting times for Rovio and Angry Birds fans. We have the strongest content roadmap to date starting from The Angry Birds Movie 2 planned for September 2019,” says Simo Hämäläinen, senior vice president, brand licensing, Rovio Entertainment. “We also have lots of other unique entertainment projects in development to engage audiences around the world. There’s no shortage of fun things to look forward to in the future!”
New partners include:
- FAB for bags, backpacks and lunch kits;
- Ranir for children’s oral care;
- Merske for ride-on and pretend-play toys;
- WEI Sales/Wells Dairy for frozen confections on a stick;
- Blue Spring Partners/Fin Fun for character-shaped wearable blankets and towel wraps;
- Crocs for Crocs footwear and Jibbitz charms; and
- Brown Trout for calendars.
Rovio has also entered into agreements with Sonic Restaurants as well as Hostess, which will produce a line of co-branded packaged baked goods that are tied to the mobile game “Angry Birds Match.”
Returning partners include:
- Brunswick Bowling for branded bowling alleys;
- Decopac for cake decorating;
- Dynamic Displays for event balloons;
- Handcraft Manufacturing for children packaged and hanging underwear;
- Hybrid Promotions for children’s apparel, tees, fashion tops and separates;
- Inkology for back-to-school stationery;
- Komar Kids for children’s sleepwear;
- Toy Factory for amusement plush;
- Radz II for novelty candy dispensers;
- The Ziegenfelder Company for frozen ice pops;
- Duncan Enterprises / Chesapeake Ceramics for make-your-own ceramic pottery; and
- Bulls I Toys for novelty toys.
Rovio will continue its efforts to expand the brand into new games, long-form animation, live stage shows and location-based entertainment initiatives, animated and live-action content and more. The company will celebrate the theatrical
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.