In preparation for the upcoming holiday season and beyond, Konami Cross Media has signed new licensing agreements and renewed a few, bringing a new wave of “Yu-Gi-Oh!” collectible merchandise to the global retail marketplace.
The announcement was made by Jennifer Coleman, vice president, licensing and marketing, Konami Cross Media.
“This will be an optimal time for ‘Yu-Gi-Oh!’ superfans, and anime collectors in general, to invest in some very cool ‘Yu-Gi-Oh’! collectible merchandise, some of which will commemorate the ‘Yu-Gi-Oh!’ Manga series’ 25th anniversary,” says Coleman. “There will be new statues of fan favorites including Yugi and Kaiba as well as other popular characters like Mai Valentine and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Thanks to the many new deals with strong companies, there is a ‘Yu-Gi-Oh!’ collectible for every kind of collector in the market.”
The “Yu-Gi-Oh”! products were released this fall and will continue to be released through 2022. New products include:
- First 4 Figures will offer new Dark Magician statues in multiple variants for pre-order;
- Funko has unveiled their third series of “Yu-Gi-Oh!” Pops with retail exclusives planned for the U.S. and Europe;
- Hobby Japan has a pre-order for their Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon collectible figure;
- Japanese hobby manufacturer Kotobukiya will release the first of three Egyptian Gods ARTFX statues, Slifer the Sky Dragon, this fall. The Winged Dragon of Ra and Obelisk the Tormentor will follow this winter. Early 2022 will also bring remastered ARTFX J versions of Yami Yugi and Seto Kaiba;
- Super Impulse will introduce a line of “Yu-Gi-Oh!” action micro figures and classic action figures;
- Surreal Entertainment will launch a Duel Disk that will be available at Hot Topic stores as well as the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con. Figure hangers and various home goods are coming soon.