New Licensees Join 'Thunderbirds' 50th
More than 10 new companies are on board for the TV show's golden anniversary.
ITV Studios Global Entertainment continues to gear up for the 50th anniversary of the classic TV series "Thunderbirds" with the addition of another round of new product partners.
The new partners will launch an array of limited edition and collectible products targeting collectors and loyal fans. Offerings span gifting, apparel, publishing, stationery and toys and will roll out at retail throughout the anniversary year, which begins this September.
“As we approach the 50th anniversary of 'Thunderbirds,' we’re delighted to be welcoming new partners to the licensing program," says Trudi Hayward, senior vice president, head of global merchandise, ITVS GE. "These new commemorative product lines are the perfect way to recognize five decades of 'Thunderbirds' heritage and give loyal fans around the world the opportunity to be part of the celebrations in the anniversary year and beyond.”
New licensees include:
- 3D Online Factory for 3D printable "Thunderbirds" figurines in the U.K. and Eire;
- Winning Moves for limited edition "Thunderbirds" Monopoly set for the U.K., Eire, Australia and New Zealand;
- Planet Replica will create TV show prop replicas worldwide;
- Hornby for die-cast "Thunderbirds" vehicle collection in the U.K. and Eire;
- Tinamps is on board for portable speakers in a tin for the U.K., Eire and Japan;
- Forbidden Planet will create a direct-to-retail line of adult apparel, gifts and accessories in the UK and Eire;
- Octopus Publishing Group has signed for a series of three gifting books entitled Brains Explains, Parker’s Cars and Lady Penelope Cocktails worldwide;
- Panini will celebrate with a 50th anniversary one-off magazine for the U.K. and Eire;
- Dreamtex is creating adult bedding for the U.K. and Eire;
- Smiffys will showcase adult dress-up costumes;
- Misirili will manufacture adult socks; and
- Leo Burnett Sydney for the use of the "Thunderbirds" theme song on TV, radio and online for Woolworths in Australia.
These new partners join the recently announced fashion collaborations for the anniversary.