To celebrate the anniversary, several live events and activations have been planned for the end of 2021 through 2022, including “Rocky”-themed athletic runs, in-theater events, merchandise and new gaming collaborations. The Rocky licensing program features 70 licensees covering apparel, accessories, collectibles, toy, gaming, gift and novelty, home, interactive (console and AR/VR), costumes/cosplay, events, publishing and stationery. Products are available throughout North America, Latin and South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
The festivities will kick off in Philadelphia on Nov. 11 with a special screening of Sylvester Stallone’s “Rocky vs. Drago: The Ulitmate Director’s
through Dec. 31.
Beyond these events, MGM is collaborating with several partners including Foot Locker x Diodora, Olympia Le-Tan, Fanattik and Funko to bring a lineup of merchandise to fans of all ages. The program includes:
- Foot Locker x Diodora: Inspired by “Rocky” franchise characters, Foot Locker and Diadora are launching a new sneaker collection.
- Olympia Le-Tan: A clutch from the designer featuring re-imagined “Rocky” poster art.
- Contenders: “Rocky” hoodies and T-shirts featuring the art of the film.
- Creed: Big Rumble Boxing: a new console/pc game.
- Funko: Pop figures based on Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed. Pre-orders are available at Entertainment Earth and the figures will release in January.
- Fanattik: Limited-edition 24K gold-plated bicentennial Superfight ticket; individually numbered tickets to Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed at the Philadelphia Spectrum.
Additional Live Activations:
- Rocky in Concert: The Rocky in Concert series, including six musical events for each of six films in the original franchise, will launch with TCG Entertainment in 2022.
- Bounce app: Fans will be able to download a new “Rocky Tour Experience” on the Bounce app. Available Nov. 21, it will include trivia and behind-the-scenes details of the City of Brotherly Love.
“Rocky is a timeless property that continues to appeal to new generations of fans with its inspirational message,” says Robert Marick, executive vice president, global consumer products and experiences, MGM. “We are excited to celebrate the 45th anniversary with a stellar line up of partners that we are sure will delight devotees of the franchise young and old and invite new fans to discover the stories of this iconic franchise.”
The Rocky 45th anniversary celebration will continue through 2022 with additional partnerships rolling out through end of year and into next year.
Meet MGM at Brand Licensing Europe –Register now!
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.