Disney Consumer Products and Marvel have unveiled a broad merchandise program, now arriving at retailers in the U.S., for the upcoming film Avengers: Age of Ultron, which hits theaters May 1.
The cross-category collection includes products from Hasbro, LEGO, Hot Wheels, Her Universe, Under Armour, Mad Engine, Jay Franco, Funko, Rubie's Costumes, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and Disney Store, that leverage core characters' individual attributes while expanding on the storytelling from the new film. The film will also be supported by a range of comic book titles from Marvel and a publishing program from Disney Publishing Worldwide that features storybooks, junior novels, leveled readers and e-books.
The promote the program, Marvel has introduced the Avengers Hero pre-awareness campaign, which leverages the new dedicated Avengers site on MarvelKids.com to release a kid-targeted video each week. Current videos include sneak peeks at the "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" animated series, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes shorts, and behind-the-scenes of new merchandise from Hasbro, Hot Wheels, Mad Engine and Funko.
"The multi-faceted campaign behind Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron will set a precedent for the way in which fans connect with our franchise," says Paul Gitter, senior vice president of licensing, Marvel, Disney Consumer Products. "The extensive activations across digital platforms and at retail, introduce the characters, storylines and merchandise in a compelling, organic way that appeals to Marvel fans young and old."
The studio has also joined forces with Walmart to create an exclusive mobile app, "Super Heroes Assemble," that will let Walmart customers interact with Avengers: Age of Ultron signage throughout stores to unlock exclusive content such as character avatar assets, 3D photo opportunities, behind-the-scenes footage, cast interviews and more. The free app is available now through the Apple App Store and Google Play stores.
Avengers: Age of Ultron products are available now at retailers, specialty stores and Marvel.com in the U.S, as well as DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations nationwide. DisneyStore.com has also launched an updated Personalization Shop timed to the theatrical release that allows fans to personalize items that feature characters from the film.
Highlights from the Avengers: Age of Ultron product line include:
- Figures, vehicles and play sets: Headquarters play set and Titan Tech electronic figure assortment from Hasbro; The Hulk Buster Smash building set by LEGO; Marvel character car assortment by Hot Wheels; an Avengers: Age of Ultron ride-on by Dynacraft; and Pop! Vinyl bobbleheads by Funko.
- Costumes and role play: Feature role play items by Hasbro; costumes by Disney Store and Amscan.
- Adult, teen and children's apparel: fleece hoodies by Disney Store; Alter Ego apparel by Under Armour; fashion collection by Her Universe; men's apparel monthly subscription by FiveFour.
- Accessories: Headphones by iHome; zip-up stationery kit by Disney Store; and bedding by Jay Franco.
- Publishing: Novels by Little, Brown Books for Young and audio-enhanced e-books by Marvel Press.