, going live on March 14.
During the multiyear relationship, RECUR will work with Learfield’s integrated companies and its partner universities to deliver:
- Commemorative NFT tickets and packages through Paciolan
- Integration of NFTU.com, the collegiate NFT marketplace, into official athletic websites and apps built by Sidearm Sports
- Licensing administration and management through CLC
- NFT category-specific college sports marketing sponsorship with Learfield partner institutions
- Product development, asset creation and brand-sponsorable NFT offerings from Learfield
RECUR also will leverage CLC’s COMPASS NIL deal management and disclosure platform to manage individual student-athlete opt-in for its NFT opportunities that include NIL (name, image and likeness).
“Blockchain technology, and specifically NFTs, provide a new and unique way for college fans to demonstrate their school spirit, while delivering exciting opportunities for universities and student-athletes alike,” says Cole Gahagan, chief executive officer, Learfield. “Beyond RECUR’s proven track record of innovation and leadership, what’s been most impressive to witness is their commitment to college sports and the significant investments they’ve
"NFTs immortalize and celebrate our favorite experiences," says Trevor George, co-chief executive officer, RECUR. "Our collaboration brings the entire collegiate space together as only Learfield can, across on-campus advertising, ticketing, student-athlete NIL, collegiate indicia and more. Together, we will provide university partners and their student-athletes with brand-building opportunities via a unified experience.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.