Knockout Licensing has established a core of inaugural licensees for Sony Pictures Television's TV series, "Outlander."
Based on Diana Gabaldon’s New York Times-bestselling book series, the show will return for the second half of its first season on Starz in April.
“The initial response from the licensing community for 'Outlander' has been fantastic,” says Tamra Knepfer, co-president, Knockout Licensing. “'Outlander' is the perfect mix of genres, capturing a broad television audience – adding to the already large and avid fan-base established from the books. The show is simply exquisite, the characters are easy to love, and the marketing support from Sony and Starz has been unprecedented. With eight books in the series, worldwide distribution of the television show, and the second season already greenlit, Outlander is a true franchise property that is here to stay.”
Initial parters for the brand include:
- Cryptozoic Entertainment playing cards as well as a collectible trading cards and trading card binders.
- EMCE Toys, a division of Fourth Castle Micromedia, for novelty items including car signs, car air fresheners, bookmarks, mugs, magnets, button sets, postcard sets and e-reader covers.
- Factory Entertainment for a wide range of items inspired by or using imagery from the television series including pillows, towels, stationery, lithographs, drink bottles, jewelry replicas and costume accessory replicas.
- Funko for Pop! Vinyl figures based on characters from the series.
- North American Bear Company for a line of collectible bears inspired by Jamie, Claire and other Outlander characters.
- Ripple Junction for a line of men’s, women’s and girls' tops including tees, tanks, sweaters, fleece, jackets and more.