As the Jan. 4 U.S. debut of "Downton Abbey" season five nears, the brand continues to add to its roster of gift and home furnishings inspired by the aristocratic Crawley family.
The British ITV series airs on PBS Masterpiece in the U.S. and is represented by Knockout Licensing. Most recently Knockout has added two new partners for bedding and decorative accessories.
Nostalgia Home Fashions is planning a line of Downton Abbey bedding that will include comforters, duvets covers, quilts, bed skirts, pillow shams, decorative pillows, sheets and pillow cases; while Roman will create a range of Downton Abbey gift items. The Roman line will include bell/cloche jars, water globes, decorative frames, music/jewelry boxes, porcelain night lights, pins/broaches and wall plaques.
A large roster of existing Downton Abbey licensees (including Roman) are also preparing to showcase their offerings at the Atlanta Gift & Home Furnishings Market, which will take place Jan. 6-13.
Among the products on show will be:
- Home décor and lace accessories including the new Downton Abbey Hunt Club collection from Heritage Lace;
- Fashion jewelry from 1928 Jewelry;
- The Downton Abbey lighting collection from River of Goods, including decorative floor and table lamps, wall sconces, accent lamps, pendants and chandeliers;
- Holiday ornaments from Kurt S. Adler;
- The Downton Abbey Costumed Bear collection from North American Bear Co.;
- Candles and related accessories from Langley Empire Candle; and
- The new Downton Abbey Miniature Village Series, including the Dower House and Crawley House, from Department 56/Enesco.