April 6, 2018
The international leg of the KISS 40th Anniversary World Tour will kick off in Japan in February, then head to South America in April and Europe in May and June.
“Unveiling these new partnerships at the same time KISS is touring in the region provides our new KISS licensing partners in Asia and Australia with additional exposure and added consumer awareness,” says Juli Boylan Riddles, executive vice president, global strategic partnerships and licensing, Epic Rights. “KISS has always inspired the creation of unique merchandise influenced by their theatricals and creative visuals for which they are known the world over, and our new partners are utilizing the iconic KISS imagery to create distinctive products that truly speak to the authenticity of KISS.”
New licensees in Japan include:
- Good Speed for apparel and accessories;
- Hysteric Glamour for high-end t-shirts, jackets and jewelry;
- Isshindo Honpo for KISS-inspired Kabuki face masks;
- Hirokuni Sobukawa for limited edition KISS calligraphy pieces; and
- The Mitsui Agency for Ukiyo-e (a traditional Japanese art form that combines 400-year-old techniques for illustration, woodcarving and hand-printing) art posters that incorporate band imagery.
New Asia Pacific licensees include:
- Scandinavian Travel Innovation for leather luggage in Japan, Korea and Australia; and
- Licensing Essentials for apparel and other products in Australia and New Zealand.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.