“JAKKS Pacific is proud to celebrate the release of the new feature film ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ with an all-new line of memorabilia commemorating the Blue Blur’s next great adventure,” says Craig Drobis, senior vice president, marketing, JAKKS Pacific. “With new waves of collectible action figures, cool new playsets, multiple sizes of plush toys, and an all-new radio-controlled Sonic Speed RC, there is something for every Sonic fan and collector.”
Throughthe collaboration, Sonic and JAKKS will launch the following new merchandise items:
- Figurines - An all-new line of 4-inch figures including Dr. Robotnik, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. These movie-styled figures feature 11 points of articulation for customizable poses.
- Plush toys - The 9-inch plush comes in Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Additionally, a new 13-inch Sonic plush will be available exclusively at Target this spring.
- Sonic Speed RC Set - The new Sonic Speed RC lets fans recreate the action from “Sonic the Hedgehog 2.” This set includes a ring-shaped controller for forward motion, turns and spinning action. The 6-inch scale articulated Sonic figure is removable.
- Tornado Biplane Playset (Walmart Exclusive) - Available only at Walmart is the Tornado Biplane playset with Sonic and Tails figures. Tails can sit inside to pilot the Tornado, and Sonic can ride on the wings as seen in the movie. It also includes a 2.5-inch Sonic figure and an exclusive Tails figure.
- Scalable Figures (Target Exclusive) - As an exclusive Target launch, JAKKS created a line of 2.5-inch scale figures including Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik and a Buzz Bomber.
- Costumes and accessories - Disguise has developed a range of “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” costumes and accessories in toddler, child and adult sizes, a dress version of Sonic and a Child accessory kit. All styles are coming to retail in stores and online this fall.
“We’ve seen such a great response from fans to the Sonic the Hedgehog products created by JAKKS Pacific, and we’re thrilled to continue working with them to celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog 2,” says Alex Gomez, director, licensing and partnerships, “Sonic the Hedgehog.” “We hope that fans of the Blue Blur will see the collection as a testament of our appreciation and create memorable Sonic experiences with the products for years to come.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.