April 6, 2018
Featuring 1960s TV cult classics including "Captain Scarlet," "Stingray," "Joe 90" and "Space 1999," the new lines commemorate Anderson's futuristic content and iconic style. Aimed at adult fans and collectors, product will span key categories including collectibles, figurines, adult apparel and gifting.
“As we approach the 50th anniversary of 'Thunderbirds,' it’s important for us to explore the entirety of Gerry Anderson’s extraordinary portfolio and celebrate his incredible skill, determination and diversity through a variety of unique product ranges,” says Trudi Hayward, senior vice president, head of global merchandising, ITVS GE.
New product includes:
- Collectibles based on Gerry Anderson TV series such as "Captain Scarlet," "Fireball XL5," 'Joe 90," "Space: 1999," "Stingray," "Supercar" and "UFO" from Robert Harrop in the U.K. and Ireland. Products will include bronze figurines, character figures, resin figures, vehicles and pewter figures;
- Adult apparel, accessories, mugs and mug sets inspired by the complete Gerry Anderson portfolio from Plastichead in the U.K. and Ireland;
- Greetings cards, gift wrap and bags from Hype Associates;
- Limited edition gifts for the anniversary years of each series (started with "Stingray" in 2014) from Anderson Entertainment. Products include apparel, replica models, badges, limited edition paintings and posters; and
- Collectible cards inspired by the full portfolio from Unstoppable Cards in the U.K., Ireland, the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and European markets such as France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.