Hasbro Adds to Hascon Roster
James Gunn, Stan Bush and Daya join event lineup.
NORTH AMERICA- Hasbro has unveiled additional plans for the first-ever Hascon, which will take place Sept. 8-10 at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, R.I.
The event will bring Hasbro's most iconic brands to life including Transformers, My Little Pony, NERF, Magic: The Gathering, Play-Doh, Monopoly and G.I. Joe, as well as partner brands such as “Beyblade,” DreamWorks Trolls and “Sesame Street.”
Joining the previously announced event lineup is:
- James Gunn, writer and director, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 and 2
- Musician Stan Bush, singer, "The Touch" from Transformers: The Movie
- Headlining performance and meet-and-greet with multi-platinum singer-songwriter Daya
- An interactive sing-along with “Sesame Street's” Elmo and Abby Cadabby
Previously announced talent includes:
- Dude Perfect
- Stan Lee
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura, producer of all the Transformers films, as well as G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, original Transformers voice talent
- Andrea Libman and Cathy Weseluck, voice talent of “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” and My Little Pony: The Movie
- "Chewbacca Mom," Candace Payne
In addition, there will be activities including movie props, art tutorials and more inspired by several Disney properties, including Disney Princess, Frozen, “Elena of Avalor,” Moana and Descendants 2, as well as Star Wars and Marvel's Avengers, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy.
IDW Publishing's Artist Alley will feature appearances from some of the industry's most recognized comic illustrators, artists and designers plus unique Hascon merchandise available for purchase.
Ultra Pro will also provide Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons activities as well as Hascon exclusive play mats, plush dice, deck boxes and learn-to-play participation gifts.