To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Grateful Dead, the "core four" original band members–Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh and Bob Weir–reunited Independence Day weekend at Chicago's Soldier Field for the "Fare Thee Well: Celebrating 50 Years of Grateful Dead" event, marking the original members' last-ever performance together.
In support of the show, two official Grateful Dead trucks were on-hand in Chicago, stocked with limited edition merchandise including t-shirts, hats, hoodies, jewelry, tote bags and more. Both trucks also handed out a free map of the city dubbed "The Official Dead Head's Guide To Chicago" featuring all the grateful goings on over the weekend as well as locations of significant band landmarks.
The Grateful Dead's roster of licensees further supported the event with exclusive products and activations, including:
- A limited edition Grateful Dead tie-dye 50th anniversary cupcake from Baked by Melissa and gift box set that also includes an exclusive Grateful Dead x Baked by Melissa t-shirt;
- Grateful Dead wireless, portable speaker with free download of the of the band's greatest hits from Boombotix available exclusively Target online;
- 25 Grateful Dead throwback snowboards and t-shirts from Burton;
- Grateful Dead My Chacos customizable sandals, flip-flops and wristbands from Chaco;
- 50th anniversary Grateful Dead Crocs;
- Grateful Dead 50th anniversary label from American Beauty Ale;
- Grateful Dead organic salty maple granola from Grizzlies Granola, available at select Whole Foods locations;
- Grateful Dead sustainable, BPA-free stainless steel cups and bottles from Klean Kanteen;
- Custom denim jackets featuring iconic Grateful Dead artwork from Levi's;
- Men's and women's t-shirts from Under Armour; and
- An official Warrior x Grateful Dead American Legends collection of apparel, footwear and lacrosse heads, handles and gloves.