Scholastic has lined up more than a dozen new licensees for the upcoming Sony Pictures Entertainment film, Goosebumps, which will hit theaters Oct. 16.
Based on the book series by R.L. Stine, Scholastic Media is working in tandem with Sony Pictures Consumer Products to assemble licensees for the film.
New partners include:
- Berkshire for headwear, footwear, rain gear, winter accessories and socks;
- C-Life for t-shirts, fleece and thermal tops for men, women and children;
- Card.com for pre-paid debit cards;
- Cosmic Forces for a mobile game;
- Cotton On for t-shirts and stationery worldwide;
- GameMill Entertainment PC/video and online games;
- GB Eye for posters and novelty items in Europe;
- Katalyst for stationery and novelty items in Canada;
- Outset Media for board, activity and card games;
- Rasta Imposta for Halloween costumes;
- SG Companies for girls' and boys' sleepwear and slippers;
- SRM Idea Lab for novelties including light/sound slammers, slap bracelets, flashlights, plush sound gloves, book lights lenticular bookmarks, sound machines, compound toys and plush; and
- Trends International for posters and bookmarks.
Additionally, Scholastic Audio will produce audio books based on the Goosebumps film, while Scholastic’s Trade book publishing division will introduce five new movie tie-in titles.
“Goosebumps is a vibrant brand with a deep foundation in publishing,” says Leslye Schaefer, senior vice president, marketing and consumer products, Scholastic Media. “We’re very excited to be working with so many best-in-class companies that will introduce a wide array of products that give fans of every age the chance to ‘get Goosebumps’ and engage in fun new ways with the celebrated brand–around the movie premiere and for years to come.”