The popular preschool series will be extended into categories including publishing, apparel, toys, homewares and more in the Spanish-speaking region.
NORTH AMERICA–Entertainment One has signed on a slate of new licensees, as well as a new broadcast partner, in Mexico to further support its animated series “PJ Masks.”
Kicking off the Mexican campaign is Bandai México, which launched Just Play’s master toy line exclusively at Liverpool stores last month. The launch was celebrated with in-store entertainment including costumed characters, mask giveaways and quizzes.
Additional licensees that have signed on the support “PJ Masks” in the region include:
- Penguin Random House for a variety of publishing formats;
- Topps Latin America for sticker albums;
- Grupo Bestway for activity books;
- Grezon for seasonal products;
- Creaciones Guz for apparel;
- E-Fashion for apparel;
- Fotorama for ancillary toy categories, including games;
- Operadora Ruz for dress up and back-to-school;
- Productos Infatiles Animados for homewares;
- Bicileyca for ride on products;
- Flying Wheels for ride on items;
- Novelty Corp for games; and
- Emporio Juvenil for underwear.
Meanwhile, the free-to-air broadcaster Televisa will begin airing the series in Mexico next month. Televisa will broadcast the show in addition to co-production partner Disney Junior, which airs the show daily across the Latin American region.
“‘PJ Masks’ has been embraced by audiences in Mexico and the addition of Televisa will see the brand’s popularity soar as merchandise begins to roll out this year,” says Murilo Hinojosa, vice president, licensing, Latin America, eOne. “We are fully committed to the long-term growth of the property in this key market and we look forward to working with our new partners there to make it a big success.”