April 6, 2018
Icon launched Tuesday in both the U.S. and the U.K. Rollouts across Western Europe and Asia are set to follow in the summer and fall.
Creatively led by Phan who has made a name for herself on YouTube, Icon and Icon U.K. feature a slate of original programming around beauty, fashion, wellness, DIY, food, human interest stories and travel. The lifestyle network also features new original series and content from up-and-coming digital influencers and lifestyle experts that collectively boast more than 2.4 billion YouTube views.
“By collaborating with Michelle Phan and some of the hottest new YouTube stars from both sides of the Atlantic, Icon is set to become a go-to destination for Millennials across the full spectrum of beauty, lifestyleand fashion,” says Georg Ramme, managing director, Endemol Beyond International. “This is the latest example of Endemol Beyond partnering with international talent to create a global entertainment brand that can be adapted in any market and on any platform.”
Icon is now available across a wide variety of platforms including YouTube, Dailymotion, Roku, Pluto TV, multiple connected TV platforms and social media services such Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and Tumblr. Icon programming is also being syndicated to premium digital distributors such as AOL and Scripps Networks Interactive's ULive Lifestyle. There’s also an "Icon" app, available now for iOS and Android devices, that features programming exclusives.
Among the original series set to debut on Icon are:
- "Pretty Little Pranksters"–Celebrity makeup artist Jamie Greenberg and her team of pranksters surprise a mix of celebrities and digital dignitaries with things one just doesn’t expect to happen during a makeover.
- "Trash to Fab"–Ann Le of "AnneorShine" breathes new life into items headed for the dumpster in this DIY makeover series.
- "Fascinating Women"–Charis Lincoln ("CharismaStarTV") leads this comedic history lesson on ground-breaking women whose achievements have paved the way for today’s opportunities.
- "The FAQs"–An advice show for the digital age that features commentary, tips and experiences from digital celebrities and rising stars.
- "She’s Gotta Have It"–Promise Phan and other digital stars help viewers to solve their beauty, makeup and fashion problems with never-before-seen products.
- "Skinside Out"–Holistic skin expert Anisa Noor teaches the food prescription to great skin.
- "Everyday Luxe"–A style-logue series hosted by luxury beauty expert Rae from "The Raeviewer" (launching in June).
- "Decade Beauty"–Charis Lincoln of "CharismaStarTV" explores iconic beauty looks from each decade (launching in September).
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.