NORTH AMERICA–The Disneyland Resort has unveiled details regarding its first-ever Pixar Fest, which will celebrate the characters and stories from Pixar Animation Studios with new décor, entertainment, merchandise and more.
Taking place through Sept. 3, films like Toy Story, Coco, Monsters Inc. and Up will be showcased across Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park and rest of the Disneyland Resort.
Highlights from the summer-long event include:
- "Together Forever–A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular ," a multimedia fireworks show featuring moments from all 19 Pixar films.
- “Pixar Play Parade,” which will begin with the iconic Pixar Lamp and yellow Ball and will add new characters from Up and Inside Out.
- “Paint the Night,” a nighttime parade at the Disney California Adventure Park that features LED lights and characters from Toy Story, The Incredibles, Cars and many others.
- A screening of Pixar shorts at the Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney California Adventure Park.
- The comedic, musical troupe TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra will play songs from Pixar films with unconventional instruments in the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure Park.
- Special performances of the song "You've Got a Friend in Me," from Toy Story by musical groups including the Disneyland Band, Straw Hatters, Dapper Dans, Main Street Piano Player, Royal Street Bachelors, Jambalaya Jazz Band and Mariachi Divas.
- Beginning June 8, Pixar Pals Dance Party will take place at the Tomorrowland Terrace in Disneyland, allowing guests to mix, mingle and dance with some of their favorite Pixar characters.
- Alien Pizza Planet, a new family restaurant inspired by the Space Aliens from the family restaurant frequented by Andy and his toys in Toy Story.