April 6, 2018
The Disney and Marvel BTS collection is available now at national retailers including Target, Walmart, Kmart, JCPenney, Forever 21, Hot Topic, Nordstrom and Claire's as well as Disney Store, with items available in categories such as apparel, school supplies and home décor.
Highlights from the product collection include:
- Boys’ and girls’ fashions: Featuring popular characters like Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins and Jake and the Never Land Pirates, retailers are fully stocked with Disney apparel. Among the offerings are the My Favorite Princess collection at Kmart; the Minnie Total Girl collection exclusively at JCPenney that includes tees, hair accessories and jewelry; character tees, dresses, leggings, backpacks and lunch totes at Disney Store; Disney’s Planes footwear at Payless; Minnie-inspired sandals from Mini Melissa at Nordstrom and Saks.com; and Marvel boys’ sneakers from Reebok.
- Teen and young adult fashions: Marvel has arrived at Forever 21 in the new Comic Trend Shop with a range that features funky apparel inspired by characters such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Thor, Hulk and full groups of Marvel Heroes; Vans has released two new collections–Vault by Vans x OG Classics Disney and Vans x Marvel featuring vintage Mickey Mouse and new Spider-Man patterns on a range of Vans styles; Hot Topic is featuring a new t-shirt and tank collection inspired by Ariel; and Melissa has released the Ultragirl Minnie flats at Nordstrom and Saks.com.
- Teen Beach Movie products: Fashions inspired by Disney Channels’ latest TV movie hit include apparel, accessories, backpacks and lunch totes in biker or surfer styles and are available now at retailers including Target, Walmart and Toys ‘R’ Us.
- Paint and room décor: Glidden has added to its Disney Paint collection, sold exclusively at Walmart, with colorful palettes that coordinate with Disney bedding. New paint lines include Colors with Character featuring 10-color palettes inspired by Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Disney Princess, Disney Fairies, Cars and Monsters University; and the new Colors with Kick line for tweens and teens. A range of new bedding offerings are also available that include decorative Minnie Mouse pillows and pillow cases at Claire’s, Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First bedding sets at Toys ‘R’ Us and DisneyStore.com and Planes and Teen Beach Movie bedding sets at Target.
- Food: Disney has released a new range of better-for-you snacks available at grocers nationwide including Flavorz apple slices from Crunch Pak and Foodles snack packs.
- Health and beauty: Dentek has released the new fruit-flavored Marvel Kid Flossers and Target is featuring Mickey and Minnie-themed shampoo and body wash from Method.
- Publishing: Kids can prep for the school year with a wide range of new Disney titles including You're Wearing THAT to School!?!, The Classroom: Student Council Smackdown and Oh My Godmother: The Glitter Trap, as well as with new apps such as “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Paint and Play” and “Sofia the First: Story Theater.” For teens, there’s Kingdom Keepers VI: Dark Passage, which tells the story of the Kingdom Keepers as they uncover a plot by Disney villains Maleficent and the Overtakers. A new “Kingdom Keepers Insider” app will also let fans help write the seventh and final book in the series.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.