April 6, 2018
An on-site Disney Store shop, located within the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion, will feature new and exclusive products in more than 3,000-square-feet of retail space.
New items will be unveiled each day throughout the weekend, with attendees getting a first look at new collections such as the next installment of the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection, a limited edition doll collection inspired by ABC Studios’ television series "Once Upon a Time,"
20th anniversary products, and
and Disney Tsum Tsum gear. Fans will also have the chance to meet the artists and designers who created the products and collections.
The event will also see the launch of Disney Store’s Disney 3D Print Studio, which offers fans the chance to personalize figures, including Marvel’s Iron Man, with theirlikeness through the use of facial-scanning kiosks.
Highlights of the product that will be display at D23 include:
- Disney Fairytale Designer Collection–the newest series features five sets of limited edition pairs of collector doll sets designed by Disney Store artists and featuring classic fairytale friends and foes. In addition to the dolls, the line will also include apparel, mugs, journals and home décor when it launches to the public on Sept. 14.
- "Once Upon a Time"–the "Once Upon a Time" Snow White and Evil Queen doll collection, limited to an edition of just 300 sets, will be available exclusively at D23. Show stars Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen) will be available for an autograph signing at the ABC booth on the D23 floor on Aug. 15, followed by a "Once Upon a Time" panel.
- Star Wars–Disney Store will launch an exclusive collection of Star Wars items at D23 that will feature apparel, collectibles and toys, including the Star Wars Elite Series, a new line of highly articulated die-cast action figures, representing characters from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. The action figures will be sold individually at Disney Store locations beginning later this year; however, D23 attendees have the opportunity to purchase the full set of action figures, which includes D23-exclusive versions of R2-D2 and C-3PO. Disney Store will introduce Star Wars Legion Helmets, a series of eight vinyl collectible helmets inspired by the Star Wars Legion Helmet project, launched in early 2014. Celebrating creativity and Star Wars, the project pulled together artists from across The Walt Disney Company, resulting in 300 stormtrooper helmets being transformed into pieces of art that inspired these collectible recreations.
- Toy Story 20th anniversary–In celebration of the milestone, Disney Store gleaned art from the film’s archives to illustrate the evolution of the beloved characters, Buzz and Woody. Featuring toys, collectibles, apparel and more, this collection will be released at the Disney Store shop at D23.
- Disney Tsum Tsum–All-new collections of the stackable plush will be unveiled at D23, with one releasing each day in limited quantities in mini, medium and large sizes. In addition, limited edition mini box series, exclusive to D23, will be released along with each collection, and a Mickey Mouse Tsum Tsum mini vinyl figure will be available for $5 with any purchase, while supplies last.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.