April 6, 2018
The bi-annual event, which drew 40,000 people in 2011, will feature an extensive collection of interactive experiences and merchandise that celebrate Disney, Marvel and (for the first time) Star Wars characters. The event is hosted by the official Disney fan club, D23, which is named after 1923, the year Walt Disney founded his company.
Disney fans will have the chance to follow their favorite products from "sketch to shelf" and learn how Disney Consumer Products extends storytelling with featured discussions, art and sculptures and final product displays. The Disney Consumer Products Pavilion will also be offering exclusive product at the expo.
The expo will also feature an 1,800-square-foot Disney Store that will be packed with D23 Expo merchandise as well as an array of products not yet available to the public including a Disney·Pixar capsule collection that
Among the other DCP attractions planned for the event are:
- The Disney Junior Fun Spot where fans can get a sneak peek of brand-new toys before they hit store shelves this fall;
- An Ariel-themed Sephora pop-up shop where Sephora Pro artists and manicurists will give attendees the royal treatment with products from the Disney Ariel Collection by Sephora;
- Feature animation art concepts, storyboards and products from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ upcoming film Frozen, which hits theaters in November;
- Spider-Man's Ultimate Innovation Zone featuring products on the cutting edge of product innovation and design. (This is Marvel's first time appearing in the DCP showcase at the D23 Expo.);
- A “Darth Vader: The Evolution of a Villain” exhibit that showcases the development of the iconic villain from early concepts to realization;
- “Crash Course in the Force: Star Wars Saga 101” for newbies to the franchise;
- Journey through the Art of Tink gallery where Disney artists, designers, illustrators, and animators from around the world have re-imagined the feisty fairy Tinker Bell;
- What Makes a Puppet a Muppet?, where fans can create their own Muppets plush;
- Take a Ride with Disney·Pixar's World of Cars and Disney's Planes–a presentation that explains how the collectible diecast vehicles are made;
- An exclusive tour through the history of The Avengers franchise and the chance to see the latest The Avengers products; and
- A rarely seen collection of Mickey Mouse toys, apparel and accessories from past decades, along with a showcase of Minnie Mouse-inspired fashions from around the globe.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.