Key features include:
- Open-air seats;
- A super-sized wheel that spins horizontally;
- A giant arm that lifts and tilts the wheel to a vertical position as the high-speed rotations; and
- A maximum spinning height of 67-feet in the air.
“Six Flags consistently delivers innovative, new experiences for our guests each year,” says Phil Liggett, president, Six Flags St. Louis. “Supergirl puts a unique, state-of-the-art spin on a classic ride experience and will be a heroic addition to the park’s outstanding lineup of thrilling rides and attractions.”
Supergirl is set to open in 2019.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas will introduce The Joker Wild Card, one of the world’s largest pendulum rides. The Joker Wild Card will stand 17 stories high and form a giant disk with speeds as high as 75 miles per hour.
“Six Flags is recognized throughout the world for bringing new innovations and one-of-a-kind thrills to every park, every year, and The Joker Wild Card adds another world-record attraction for Six Flags Fiesta Texas,” says Jeffrey Siebert, president, Six Flags St. Louis. “The Joker Wild Card will be the fastest ride
The DC Universe ride includes:
- Speeds up to 75 miles per hour as the ride reaches a world-record 17 stories high;
- • A pendulum that swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise;
- • A feeling of weightlessness at 172 feet in the air;
- • Updated attractions, dining, games and shopping themed around the DC Universe.
The ride will open in 2019.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Northern Calif. will launch Batman: The ride, a new 4-D wing coaster that flips at least six times and contains unexpected drops and vertical free falls.
“As the world leader in thrills, Six Flags continues to raise the bar to deliver the most unique and innovative experiences in the industry,” says Don McCoy, president, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. “On Batman: The Ride, riders are suspended outward on either side of the track as the cars flip continuously throughout the course of the ride. This coaster is a game-changer and the perfect complement to our already impressive DC Super Hero and Super-Villain lineup which includes Superman Ultimate Flight, The Joker and Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster.”
Batman: The Ride features:
- A large floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;
- Onboard magnetic technology featuring head-over-heels free-fly flips, giving guests the feeling of weightlessness as they drift outside the confines of a traditional track;
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to eight per vehicle with a total of five vehicles;
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.
- A pendulum that swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise;
- A feeling of weightlessness at 172 feet in the air;
- Updated attractions, dining, games and shopping themed around the DC Universe.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.