April 6, 2018
The enduring animated franchise will expand its European reach with a robust lineup of apparel, accessories, publishing, homewares, personal care and more.
Kicking off the EMEA merchandising program is master global toy partner Playmates, with Giochi Preziosi on board as the pan-European marketing and distribution partner and Flair distributing the range in the U.K. Playmates’ range of figurines, role play items and play sets began rolling out at retail in July and was heavily supported by creative retail activations.
Building on the toy launch, Cartoon Network has secured a number of partners in additional categories to begin rolling out new products this fall and winter. In the U.K., partners include Smith & Brooks and Fashion U.K. for daywear; Cooneen Group for nightwear and underwear; Drew Pearson International for accessories; Roy Lowe and Sons for socks; Centum Books for master publishing; Panini for a magazine; Dreamtex for beddings; and Zak for lunchware and drinkware.
Additional “Ben 10” licenseesin the EMEA region include:
- Air Val Iberia for personal care in Spain and Portugal;
- Kid Licensing Iberia for watches and lights in Spain and Portugal;
- Uroda for bedding in Poland;
- Smyk for apparel, footwear and accessories in Poland;
- Zorluteks Tekstil Ticaret Ve Sanayi for bedding in Turkey;
- Commerciale Campana for footwear in Italy;
- Original Marines for apparel and accessories in Italy;
- Sun City Sasu for kidswear and fashion accessories in Italy and Iberia;
- Skybrands for bedding and kidswear in the Nordic region, as well as bedding in Germany;
- IMG for walkie talkies and board games throughout Europe;
- Ferrero for Kinder Surprise Eggs throughout Europe; and
- Outright Games for a new “Ben 10” video game, which will launch across EMEA this November.
“After all these years, ‘Ben 10’ has maintained significant momentum and playground credentials thanks to its combination of relatable characters and exciting action-adventure that really appeals to kids and fires up their imaginations” saysMaria Rosaria Milone, senior director, category management and agent markets, Cartoon Network Enterprises EMEA. “The outstanding sales success that we’re seeing for Playmates’ new toy range has laid a strong foundation for the wider ‘Ben 10’ licensing program. We’re delighted to be revealing such high caliber partners who will introduce fresh, innovative and creative products and give our fans the best possible experience of the brand.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.