Amazon Studios, the production arm of Amazon.com, has greenlit five children's test pilots for production.
"Production is already underway for the first set of comedy pilots we announced last month, and now we are excited to add even more pilots to the list–five amazing preschool children's series," says Roy Price, director, Amazon Studios. "Our children's series come from industry luminaries with credits such as ‘Blue's Clues,’ ‘Sid the Science Kid’ and ‘Dino Dan.’ We think parents, and our very youngest customers, are going to love the magical combination of entertainment and learning that they'll discover in these children's series."
Once completed, all 11 original series pilots will be posted on Amazon Instant Video, Prime Instant Video, Lovefilm U.K. and Lovefilm Germany for Amazon customers to watch for free.
The new children’s pilots include:
- “Guggie’s Creative Galaxy,” an animated art adventure produced by Out of the Blue Enterprises, the company behind hits such as “Super Why!” and “Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.”
- A problem-solving series called “Oz Adventures” based on characters from L. Frank Baum's classic book, The Wizard of Oz.
- “Teeny Tiny Dogs,” produced by The Jim Henson Company, about a group of small dogs navigating the big world.
- “Thumbleaf” from the award-winning stop motion studio Bix Pix Studios.
- And untitled project from J.J. Johnson (“Dino Dan,” “This is Emily Yeung”) about a young scientist who creates three robot helpers to assist with her scientific experiments in the back of her dad's junkyard.