Additional details include:
- first non-glued LEGO Technic model of its kind;
- first large model powered using LEGO Technic power function motors;
- first large-scale moving model using LEGO Technic bricks & elements;
- first time to create new types of transparent LEGO Technic bricks;
- first time to offer load-bearing parts built solely of LEGO Technic bricks & elements;
“This life-size model is a first of its kind in so many ways and with it, we wanted to push the boundaries of our own imagination," says Lena Dixen, senior vice president, product and marketing, LEGO Group. “For over 40 years, LEGO Technic has allowed fans of all ages to test their creativity with a building system that challenges them to go beyond just creating new designs, to also engineering new functions. Our Technic designers and the engineers from the Kladno factory in the Czech Republic, the place which also builds the impressive models for LEGO Stores and LEGOLAND parks, have done an amazing job both at recreating the Chiron’s iconic shapes and making it possible to drive this model. It’s a fascinating example of the LEGO Technic building system in action and its potential for creative reinvention.”
The LEGO Technic life-size Bugatti Chiron will be unveiled for the first time at the Grand Prix Formula 1 event in Monza, Italy, Aug. 30.
The car is not available for purchase.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.