April 6, 2018
The $3.2 billion, Hollywood-inspired gaming and entertainment complex, called Studio City, will include Asia's highest Ferris wheel, the Batman film franchise's first-ever digital ride, a family center featuring Warner Bros. and DC Comics characters, an events venue, nightclub, hotel, shopping and dining and more.
“The Warner Bros. and DC Comics portfolio of properties offers a unique and engaging experience for fans of all ages," says Kevin Tsujihara, chairman and chief executive officer, Warner Bros. "We are delighted to collaborate with Melco Crown Entertainment to bring these characters to a world-class project like Macau’s Studio City.”
When completed later this year, Studio City will include a two-tower hotel straddled by the Golden Eye Ferris wheel, inspired by two asteroids shooting
Among the resorts other offerings will be:
- The DC Comics’ Batman Dark Flight digital ride, which will give visitors a virtual reality experience that takes them through Gotham City, following Batman around the city as he brings Super Villains to justice.
- A 30,000-square-foot Warner Bros. Family Entertainment Center for kids themed with Warner Bros. and DC Comics characters. Families can shop and dine as well as enjoy an animation academy, a cinema to catch classic and new animated programs and a birthday party venue with customizable private party rooms.
- The House of Magic, showcasing some of the world's greatest magicians.
- The Studio City Entertainment Center, a 5,000-seat multi-purpose entertainment venue for live concerts, theatrical and sporting events.
- Studio 8, a fully operational TV broadcast studio, providing visitors with an opportunity to watch the filming of Asia’s top television shows.
- Pacha nightclub.
- The Podium Deck Lazy River, a jungle river-themed water ride that meanders through a lushly landscaped podium-level pool deck.
- The Cosmos Food Court, a space station-themed food court featuring holographic projections that re-create space travel with a viewing window that "looks out" into deep space.
- The 300,000-square-foot Boulevard at Studio City mall, set in a movie studio-themed environment.
“Studio City will represent Asia’s next generation of immersive, world-leading, entertainment-driven gaming and leisure destination experiences, as we work to support Macau’s tourism development and diversification,” says Lawrence Ho, co-chairman and chief executive officer, Melco Crown Entertainment. “It will take the entertainment-inspired leisure destination concept to new levels, in a cinematic setting developed in partnership with the world’s leading entertainment brands. We are excited to introduce Macau to the exhilarating Batman Dark Flight and we look forward to unveiling the Warner Bros. Family Entertainment Center, where families and children can play among many of their favorite characters.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.