The re-imagined Sonic the Hedgehog brand debuted last year with a TV series on Cartoon Network, video games and toys.
“Sonic Boom brought us a new chapter in the storied history of one of the most iconic video games characters of all time,” says Rene Flores, director of licensing, SEGA of America. “Along with our partners and merchandisers, we’re looking to continue to move full speed by introducing products and merchandise that further captures the essence of Sonic, his friends and their newest adventures.”
New partners include:
- World Tech Toys for an array of remote-controlled helicopters;
- Bulls I Toys for wearables such as branded dog tags and slap bands, as well as novelty items including erasers, stickers and trading cards;
- Book and stationery publisher teNeues for 2016 wall calendars based on imagery from the "Sonic Boom" animated series;
- Bakery Crafts for a line of cake decoration kits, cake/cupcake stands, decorative candles and edible decorations;
- Advanced Graphics for wall decals and cardboard standees;
- Accessory Innovations for a back-to-school range that will include backpacks, lunch totes, umbrellas and more; and
- Rubie's Costumes Company for Sonic Boom costumes that expand on its existing classic Sonic collection.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.