Dreamtex, Somberbond, Misirli and more will create new merchandise for the character’s upcoming celebrations.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
, will celebrate the character’s 60th anniversary this year with an expanded licensing and promotional campaign.
The Grinch’s birthday celebrations will kick off in the fourth quarter of this year and will include an anniversary logo and targeted marketing, such as in-store activities, events and press. The campaign will also be supported by the recently launched Grinch style guide.
Furthermore, Rocket Licensing has signed on a raft of licensees for the celebration, including:
- Cooneen for kids’ nightwear and underwear;
- Misirli for kids’ nightwear, underwear and socks as well as adult socks;
- BC International for kids’ nightwear and underwear;
- Park Agencies for adult t-shirts and knitwear;
- Somerbond for adult nightwear and underwear;
- Brand International Group for footwear and slippers;
- Smiffy’s for dress up;
- Dreamtex for home textiles; and
- Design Group International for wrap.
Additional partners across categories such as kids’ daywear, accessories, gifting, decorations, food gifting, plush, seasonal confectionery, boxed cards, activity packs, games and puzzles, stationery, tech accessories and more, will also be revealed later this year.
“This is a fun, classic brand with perennial Christmas appeal, proven success at retail and strong demand from the U.K. public,” says Rob Wijeratna, joint managing director,
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.