Marvel Entertainment and Orbis Blockchain Technologies, a digital collectibles company operating the VeVe Digital Collectibles app, has announced the first official NFTs to be offered as part of their collaboration will be based on the Marvel Superhero, Spider-Man. Fans can purchase and interact with five digital statues of the Marvel web-slinger on Aug. 7 at 8 a.m. PT.
“Spider-Man is one of the most legendary Superheroes in the Marvel Universe, so there was no better way to kick off our global digital collectibles experience with VeVe,” says Dan Buckley, president, Marvel Entertainment. “We can’t wait to bring Marvel fans and collectors even more exciting drops throughout August and beyond.”
The Spider-Man digital statue launch will be offered in various limited quantities and prices:
- Common – Spider-Man – The Amazing Spider-Man
Price: $40.00 – Quantity: 32,000;
- Uncommon – Spider-Man – Hangin’ Out
Price: $50.00 – Quantity: 16,000;
- Rare – Spider-Man – Jump into Action
Price: $100.00 – Quantity: 9,000;
- Ultra-Rare – Spider-Man – Animated
Price: $250.00 – Quantity: 2,500; and
- Secret-Rare – Spider-Man – Ultimate Animated
Price: $400.00 – Quantity: 1,000.
The Spider-Man series drop is the first of many digital statues, digital comic books and other digital collectibles in VeVe’s Marvel Month initiative. Other new Marvel digital products in August include:
- Marvel Comics #1 – The first Marvel comic book released in 1939; fans will have the opportunity to collect five variant versions of the issue. Each version will have a different cover and a different level of rarity and will be offered in a ‘blind box’ format; and
- Marvel Mightys – A new exclusive line of Super-D figures making their debut on the VeVe app. The first collectibles will be a Captain America series featuring Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, John F. Walker and the Red Skull. Each digital figure will have a different level of rarity and will also be sold in a blind box format.
“It is very exciting to see our collaboration with Marvel finally come to fruition,” says David Yu, co-founder and chief executive officer, VeVe. “We cannot wait to offer fans unique ways to collect their favorite Marvel Superheroes and memorabilia in digital form. Marvel has been a great partner and we look forward to celebrating the ‘Marvel Month’ with fans around the world on the VeVe app.”
The VeVe Digital Collectibles app is available on iOS and Android. Fans can buy and collect a variety of Marvel NFTs, trade and hunt for rare and secret rare NFT comic books and collectibles and display their collection through fully customizable virtual showrooms.