Paws, Inc. plans new promotions, products for famous fat cat.
Garfield's licensing agent in mainland China and in Hong Kong, Medialink, is following up 2014's series of large-scale mall events with six Garfield Fun Runs across the country. Starmovie Advertising is organizing the runs.
On the merchandising side of the business, Medialink has tapped into the infant, kids and young adult markets with various initiatives. A partnership with retail operator Babiboo resulted in a line of apparel for kids ages 5 to 12; while Joeone's Fun brand debuted a line of womenswear. Most recently, Medialink and brand owner Paws, Inc. signed Sino British Industries for a travel line that will be available at Guardian Stores in Malaysia including luggage, trolley school bags, backpacks, foldable organizers, travel organizers, luggage tags and wrist bands.
Other additions in the region include Beijing Dong Hao
Medialink has also organized a number of retail partnerships including a deal with Beijing Shaike Tiandi Technology for a direct-to-retail line of apparel and accessories including outerwear, jeans, t-shirts, shoes and belts for the 150 LalaBobo stores in mainland China and via TMALL online and JD online stores in China. The retailer will also give away cell phone cases, stickers, backpacks, hats, and other items as gifts with purchase.
On the promotions front, a recent promotion with Ens Global paired Garfield with apparel retailer B.Duck's characters on apparel and accessories; Quality Of Life Products will promote Garfield in their Hung Fook Tong retail shops via a VIP membership card; and Pt Dufia Indonesia has been awarded the license to create premium items for KFC outlets in Indonesia.
Recently appointed Garfield licensing agent in Japan, Tohokushinsha Film Corporation, has signed a number of new partners. Among these are Branch Out for apparel and outerwear; GTOCO for apparel; and Diggit for toys, plush, smartphone accessories and magnets.
Garfield licensing continues to grow in Brazil with the help of licensing agent Licenciamento De Personagens, which has signed deals with Fernando Maluhy & Cia for fabric by the yard; Junco Indústria E Comércio for kitchen items; and Rabbit Indústria E Comércio De Produtos De Higiene Pessoal for dental products.
Deals in other regions:
- A2B Legana for cat litter, dog training pads, cat litter scoops, lint rollers and pet waste bags in the U.S. and Canada;
- Boost Collectibles for an Island Mania loyalty program promotion at Spar Interspar stores in Slovenia;
- BR Korea (Dunkin' Donuts Korea) for Garfield donuts and mini donuts, beverage cups and holders in South Korea (brokered by Asiana Licensing);
- CatVentures Games for a video game that can be used for both recreational and therapeutic purposes worldwide;
- Guloglu for coloring and activity books in Turkey (brokered by Gamma Medya);
- Grupo Yadatex for backpacks, bags, cosmetic bags, pencil cases, lunch bags and suitcases in Mexico (brokered by P&L Global Network);
- Integro for and iBook based on Garfield Meets the Presidents, originally published by Scholastic, worldwide;
- The Indiana State Library Foundation for a special exhibit featuring Garfield and Jim Davis in the Young Readers Section of the Indiana State library;
- KV&H Verlag for 2017 and 2018 print calendars and 2017 and 2018 print-on-demand calendars in G/A/S (brokered by Bulls Licensing);
- Leanin' Tree for greeting cards, magnets, list pads, book marks and online sales of physical greeting cards in the U.S. and Canada;
- Tekstil Ithalat Ihracat ve dis Ticaret for women's apparel in Turkey;
- SpaghettiHeadz for hair accessory with charms in the U.S. and Canada;
- Tabtale for a digital game app to be released worldwide;
- Withit Licensing for bookmarks, book/reading lights and iPhone cases in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.