CPLG, Felix the Cat’s representative, brokered the deals.
- Partners include:
- Huff Worldwide for streetwear;
- Urban Outfitters for a menswear capsule collection, set to roll out in the U.S. in July;
- NailSpans for a line of Felix-inspired nail wraps;
- Lauren Moshi for a womenswear collection;
- Bamford Watch Department for a special-edition Felix the Cat x Tag Heuer watch;
- Coach for apparel;
- Bathing Ape for apparel;
- Scotch & Soda for apparel;
- Fyodor Golan for apparel;
- Mango for a boy’s t-shirt range;
- Ripple Junction for a 100th anniversary apparel collection, set to launch next year in the U.S.; and
- Funko for a range of Felix the Cat collectibles.
“It’s incredibly exciting to see the licensing program for Felix the Cat take shape on the eve of the brand’s 100th anniversary,” says Victoria Whellans, senior business development manager, brands, CPLG. “Felix has become one of the most popular and enduring animated characters. It’s fantastic to see him embraced by retailers and licensees, placing him firmly back into popular culture and attracting a new generation of fans.”
"Felix the Cat" premiered in theatres in 1919 and was later developed into a cartoon strip and cartoon series.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.