Dr. Seuss Enterprises is celebrating graduation season with a lineup of Oh, The Places You’ll Go! footwear, apparel, plush, giftware, publishing, décor and more from a range of partners, including Skechers, Build-A-Bear, MantraBand, Random House Children’s Books and Oriental Trading Company among others. As part of the festivities, Dr. Seuss Enterprises will also be partnering with photography company Fujifilm on a graduation-themed social media giveaway that begins on June 1.
In the spirit of Oh, The Places You’ll Go!, Dr. Seuss Enterprises has developed a merchandising program for the graduating class of 2021. The lineup of licensees features art and quotes from the books. Among the product lines fans will find at retail this graduation season are:
- An exclusive Amazon Class of 2021 clothing collection in men’s, women’s and youth sizes;
- Hallmark greeting cards;
- Build-A-Bear Oh, the Places You’ll Go! Bear, a teddy bear inspired by the illustrations in the Dr. Seuss book;
- MantraBand Oh, the Places You’ll Go! bracelet;
- Random House Children’s Books: In addition to the Oh, the Places You’ll Go! published in 1990, Random House Children’s Books have published titles featuring the themes of the original, including a coloring book and hardcover activity book, as well as the original book translated into Spanish;
- Skechers: Expanding on their Dr. Seuss-themed collection, Skechers will debut a new range of footwear for women and girls from the Skechers BOBS, Skechers Street and Skechers Kids collections featuring art from the Oh, the Places You’ll Go! book;
- Tervis for an Oh, The Places You’ll Go! travel mug; and
- BioWorld for a range of giftware including mugs, pens and journals featuring the art of Oh, the Places You’ll Go! exclusively available at Walgreens.
In addition to the array of merchandise, Dr. Seuss Enterprises has partnered with Fujifilm on a graduation-themed social giveaway that kicks off on Instagram and Facebook on June 1. Graduates and fans can enter for a chance to win a copy of the book, a Fujifilm X-E4 mirrorless digital camera with an XF27mmF2.8 R WR lens, and other Oh, The Places You’ll Go!-themed swag by uploading photos of themselves in their graduation gowns or embarking on journeys, whether symbolic or real, using the hashtags #OhThePlacesYoullGo and #OhThePlaces2021.
“Oh, The Places You’ll Go! has truly become iconic for the inspiration that new graduates, or really anyone going through a life transition, can draw from the book,” says Susan Brandt, president, Dr. Seuss Enterprises. “Working with best-in-class partners as well as through our promotion with Fujifilm, we are very much looking forward to giving the class of 2021 more ways to immerse themselves in the magic of Oh, The Places You’ll Go!”