Among the new V&A Partners are:
- Luxury giftware brand Stratton of Mayfair will launch a collection of compacts, mirrors and pill boxes featuring three designs: Chevron, taken from a furnishing fabric by F. Gregory Brown; Exotic Birds, taken from a furnishing fabric by Minnie McLeish; and Fashion Plate from "L’oiseau volage" fashion plate by George Barbier's 1914 book Modes et Manieres d’Aujourd ‘hui.
- Australian textile manufacturer Sparkk will produce a range of wall coverings, furnishing fabrics and cushions throughout Australia and New Zealand. The first collection, due to launch in January, will feature designs from V&A’s textile archives.
- Lakeland is planning a range of decorative cupcake and cake accessories inspired by lace and designs originally created for chintz fabrics from an exclusive album by the designer William Kilburn (1745–1818).?
- Dutch design company Ixxi has chosen patterns by William Morris, hand-painted Chinese wallpapers and textiles from the 1853 exhibition "False Principles of Design" for a line of wall decoration posters. Using Ixxi's proprietary design system, each image is broken up into individual squares that can then be joined together using plastic connectors to make up the poster.
- Netherlands-based company Bekking & Blitz has created a line of cloth-bound journals covered in "Rose" by William Morris and "Leicester" by John Henry Dearle.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.