Royal Talens and the Van Gogh Museum will create a collection of art materials that pay homage to artist Vincent van Gogh.
The Royal Talens x Van Gogh Museum creative collection caters to amateurs and professional artists. The colors selected for the products are based on works by van Gogh, such as the Sunflowers, Irises and Almond Blossom, which are all in the permanent collection at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
The creative collection listed below will be available soon at retail partners of Royal Talens and in the Van Gogh Museum webstore:
- Ecoline x Van Gogh Museum brush pens: This set of five Ecoline brush pens is ideal for illustration and calligraphy and takes its lead from the vivid color palette in Irises (1890). In this work, Van Gogh experimented with color contrasts.
- Van Gogh x Van Gogh Museum watercolor pocket box – A compact watercolor set featuring 12 colors inspired by the color palette in van Gogh's Self-Portrait with Grey Felt Hat(1887), in which he used complementary colors.
- Sakura x Van Gogh Museum Pigma micron fineliners: van Gogh's Flowering Plum Orchard (after Hiroshige) (1887) is the link between the Japanese brand Sakura, which celebrates its centenary this year, and van Gogh, who was inspired by Japanese printmaking.
- Sakura x Van Gogh Museum gelly roll gel pens: van Gogh's Almond Blossom (1890) ties in with Sakura's mission to allow everyone's creativity to flourish.
- Bruynzeel x Van Gogh Museum colored pencils: A luxury storage tin featuring the iconic painting Sunflowers (1889), van Gogh was one of only a handful of painters to give the sunflower the lead role in various flower still lifes. The tin contains 12 colored pencils with high-quality pigments.
The Royal Talens x Van Gogh Museum collection of creative materials will be available soon at retail partners of Royal Talens and in the Van Gogh Museum webstore. The Bruynzeel x Van Gogh Museum colored pencils will be available in early August.