Annual selection spurs all kinds of new merch from menswear to KitchenAid mixers.
, plural. For the first time, the organization has selected two complementary shades to define the year–Pantone 15-3919 Serenity and Pantone 13-1520 Rose Quartz.
The annual Color of the Year selection is designed to capture the essence of modern culture at a specific moment in time, reflecting the mood and an attitude of consumers. This year, Pantone sites a gender blur in the fashion arena that is impacting color trends throughout all other areas of design.
A number of top brands have already created product featuring the colors including:
- Firmenich has created a custom fragrance called Harmony inspired by the blending of the two hues;
- Keurig Green Mountain has released a limited edition Serenity brewer and accompanying Rose Quartz travel mug;
- KitchenAid has included both colors in its new collection of stand mixers, with a Rose Quartz-inspired machine set to debut in July and a Serenity-inspired version already available;
- Kravet has unveiled a capsule collection of solid and print fabrics featuring the two shades;
- Sephora has teamed with Pantone to develop a cosmetic collection inspired by the shades that includes lipstick, lip gloss and eye shadow; and
- British shirt maker Thomas Pink has curated a collection of menswear offerings including shirts and accessories.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.