April 6, 2018
With book seven in the series set to be released Nov. 14, the franchise has signed a slew of new partners:
- Winning Moves will make a Wimpy Kid version of its Top Trumps card game, set to launch in November worldwide;
- WH Smith will carry board games from Paul Lamond, stationery from Robert Frederick and greeting cards from Danilo;
- BM Fashions debuted t-shirts at British Home Stores this summer and has now expanded their deal to include nightwear and essentials;
- Franckh Kosmos Verlags has signed on for games in Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Bastei Luebbe will create apparel and back-to-school products, also for Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Belltex will launch bedding across Europe;
- University Games has signed a pan-European deal for board games and puzzles; and
- Funko will distribute figures and plush worldwide.
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books are now the biggest and fastest-selling book series for kids, with the sixth book in the series,
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever
, beating Harry Potter to win Blue Peter’s Best Children’s Book of the Last 10 Years award.
The franchise has also recently released two theatrical films and is planning a new DVD release for the end of this year.
This week at Brand Licensing Europe in London, FCP is presenting the unique creative assets for Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
“Licensees and retailers are now maximizing the potential of Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” says Jeffrey Godsick, president, Fox Consumer Products. “Over the next few months we look forward to seeing
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.