Walmart has identified the top Easter trends this year, and predicts customers will focus on price, personalization and fresh meals.
On a broader scale, Walmart also identified the following as top trends for the holiday:
• Almost 60 percent of shoppers will purchase chocolate and candy.
• Licensed toys are attracting shoppers, including Disney Princess and Hello Kitty. Other top toys include the Barbie Mermaid Tale doll, Disney Ballerina Princess, LEGOs, Lalaloopsy dolls and the Beyblade XTS half-pipe battle set.
• Eggs are a basket winner, as well as green Easter “grass,” plastic eggs and buckets/baskets.
• As children age, the baskets improve to accommodate larger items such as electronics, clothing and gift cards.
• Customers (nearly 90 percent) will seek out fresh foods to prepare the Easter meal, vs. buying pre-made items.
“Our customers told us that price matters the most when shopping for candy, food and apparel this Easter,” says Laura Phillips, senior vice president, toys and seasonal, Walmart U.S. “We have made sure their favorite Easter items are available at a low price so they can build the perfect basket, entertain their loved ones and enjoy the holiday without spending too much.”