Classic Media has announced a full line-up of events and product partners to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Where’s Waldo?.
More Where’s Waldo? books are being published this year than any year before, and opportunities abound for fans to join in the celebration, from creating their own Waldo avatar to finding the characteristically allusive traveler at events around the world.
25th anniversary product partners include:
- Warby Parker for Waldo eyewear;
- Lionel NASCAR Collectables for limited edition die-cast Waldo cars based on David Ragan’s No. 34 car, which will feature the Where’s Waldo? On The Beach scene at the NASCAR Sprint Series race Oct. 28th (U.S.);
- Walker Books (U.K. and Australia) and Candlewick Press (U.S.) for the 25th anniversary edition Where’s Waldo? book;
- Lomography for a limited edition Wenda camera (U.K.);
- The Birmingham Mint for a commemorative 25th anniversary coin (U.K.);
- Zatchels for a limited edition satchel;
- Ludia for two iOS search-and-find apps, “The Fantastic Journey” and “In Hollywood”;
- Comme des Garçons for limited edition Where's Waldo? t-shirts and scarves sold at their stores in London, Paris, Beijing and New York;
- Techno Source, a division of LF Products, for search-and-find board games and puzzles (U.S.); and
- Skinit for electronic device covers.
Opportunities to show off Waldo gear and take part in the 25th anniversary celebrations will abound.
In the U.S., a Find Waldo scavenger hunt sponsored by the American Booksellers Association and Candlewick Press will take place across all 50 states; Where’s Waldo? will be featured in a “Jeopardy” category later this fall; Waldo will get lost on MSN.com on Sept. 21; and on the same day the Empire State Building in New York City will be lit in red and white.
In the U.K. the EDF Energy London Eye will light up the sky with red and white stripes; Waldo will be showcased at the Piccadilly Circus in London on Sept. 21; Walker Books will host a Where’s Waldo? Birthday Parade at the Bath Festival of Children’s Literature Sept. 28; and London’s Wembley Stadium will be home to a search-and-find trail during the October half-term.
In Australia, Waldo will celebrate his birthday at the Royal Melbourne Show on Sept. 22, an event that is hosted by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria.