SMC Entertainment Group has announced a full roster of U.S. licensees for the television series “The Jungle Book,” scheduled to debut Monday on Disney XD.
The new slate includes deals in a wide range of categories including apparel, publishing, Halloween and toys.
- Phase 4 Films has signed on as the property’s home entertainment and digital distribution partner;
- Isaac Morris will be the master apparel partner;
- Komar will produce children’s sleepwear;
- Insights Editions will produce a Young Readers Book series;
- Seasons USA has signed on for Halloween costumes;
- Nanco-Nancy Sales will create amusement plush and novelties;
- Pacific Play Tents is in for children’s play tents;
- Barnes & Noble will produce e-books;
- United States Playing Card Company will make customized playing cards;
- And My Idol Pops has signed on figural lollipops.
“The new animated series for The Jungle Book has ignited interest from the licensing and merchandising community because it combines the best of both worlds,” says Lisa Streff, senior vice president of licensing, SMC. “You have the incredible legacy of The Jungle Book delivered in a fresh, colorful and engaging series that entertains children and evokes treasured memories for their parents and grandparents. The property’s association with Disney is the icing on the cake.”
In addition to the TV show, Phase 4 plans to release a bonus 1-hour holiday “The Jungle Book” special.
SMC acquired all North American home entertainment, licensing and merchandising rights for The Jungle Book late last year. They have also acquired the toy rights for Benelux, Australia and New Zealand and licensing and merchandising rights for South Africa. Read more here.
SMC is currently developing a digital rollout strategy for the series and development of The Jungle Book website is in the works.
SMC will be presenting The Jungle Book and seeking partners in all categories in Booth 3286 at Licensing Expo, June 12-14 in Las Vegas, Nev.