The Twilight Saga: New Moon took this year's LIMA Overall Best Licensing Program of the Year, in addition to a number of other honors. Collecting the award are Marc Mostman, Most Management; Nancy Kirkpatrick, Summit Entertainment; and Russell Binder, Striker Entertainment.
LIMA presented 16 awards at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. In addition, Alan G. Hassenfeld and the late Stephen Hassenfeld of Hasbro were inducted into the LIMA Licensing Industry Hall of Fame.
The winners by category were:
- Best Art Program: Paul Frank
- Best Art Licensee: LF USA's Kids Headquarters Investments Division for Paul Frank apparel
- Best Character/Toy Brand Program: Barbie (Mattel)
- Best Character/Toy Brand Licensee – Hard Goods: Digital Blue for LEGO electronics
- Best Character/Toy Brand Licensee – Soft Goods: Mighty Fine for Peanuts T-shirts
- Best Corporate Brand Program: Food Network
- Best Corporate Brand Licensee – Hard Goods: Creative Designs International, a division of Jakks Pacific, for Black & Decker Junior role-play products
- Best Corporate Brand Licensee – Soft Goods: Adidas Originals for Vespa footwear and apparel
FILM, TELEVISION, CELEBRITY OR ENTERTAINMENT
- Best Film, Television, Celebrity or Entertainment Program: The Twilight Saga: New Moon
- Best Film, Television, Celebrity or Entertainment Licensee – Hard Goods: Cardinal Industries for The Twilight Saga: New Moon The Movie Board Game
- Best Film, Television, Celebrity or Entertainment Licensee – Soft Goods: National Entertainment Collectibles Association for The Twilight Saga: New Moon apparel and accessories
SPORTS AND SPORTS-THEMED ENTERTAINMENT
- Best Sports and Sports-Themed Entertainment Program: ESPN
- Best Sports and Sports-Themed Entertainment Licensee: Electronic Arts for FIFA video games
- Best Licensed Promotion: Scrabble at Subway (Hasbro)
- Best Retailer: Nordstrom for The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.