In addition to its box office success, the licensing program developed by Sony Pictures Consumer Products featured prominent partners in multiple categories, including toys, games, apparel, accessories, publishing, interactive games and housewares.
• Toys 'R' Us ran a retail program featuring an offer of 3D glasses and $5 off a 3D movie ticket upgrade with the purchase of $25 of Smurf products.
• Jakks Pacific created figures, play sets and plush that sold through at all major retailers.
• Build-A-Bear Workshop created unique stuffable plush.
• Beeline created a Smurfs mobile app.
• Ubisoft created a Smurf’s “Just Dance game” that is fun for everyone in the family as well as a Facebook game with over 8 million users.
• Simon and Schuster published a movie novelization that is still on the New York Times bestseller list for
will return to the Macy’s Day Parade this Thanksgiving. The appearance will support the release of a Smurfs DVD/Blu Ray that includes a 22-minute Christmas special with all new holiday content.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.